BPD: An animation. More inspirations and cuts from the essay

Hi,

I delineated the structure of my essay. Picture fom my notebook (-:


Inspiration from songs

For my essay I have been inspired by songs other than videos, for example both Jimi Hendrix and Nirvana talk about depression and mental illness in many of their songs.

Nirvana - Lithium

"I'm so happy 'cause today I found my friends
They're in my head
I'm so ugly, that's okay, 'cause so are you
We broke our mirrors
Sunday mornin' is everyday for all I care
And I'm not scared
Light my candles in a daze 'cause I've found God
..."

Jimi Hendrix - Manic Depression

"...
Well I think I'll go turn myself off and a go on down
Oh, I gotta see you
All the way down
Really ain't no use in me hanging around
..."




I could not include part of the research in my essay, I already have written a lot. 
Still there are some interesting bits about borderline rage and loneliness.
Here you go:


Borderline rage

Another typical symptom of BPD is the so called “Borderline rage”. Normal anger is most commonly triggered by some interference on what we are intent on doing, by frustration of life events, or as a response to someone that hurts us. (Ekman, P., 2003)
Citing the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition, anger in BPD is "inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger." In fact this type of rage is particularly intense and provoked by a very little event or misunderstanding. This anger causes the sufferers to behave in a violent way towards others or themselves.


Loneliness




However in BPD, the loneliness feeling can be stronger than normal. I have previously mentioned relationship issues at the start of the essay. A sufferer has most-likely noticed a pattern of unstable relationships within their circle of communication. The subject, in fact, tends to idealise or extremely devalue certain of the closest people to him. This pattern varies between subjects, and where someone could assume this behaviour with everyone around him, someone else could just focus this emotional rollercoaster on his most loved people. (Nimh, 2017)
Another common feeling is the fear of abandonment. A sufferer might think that close people to him will leave him forever if he upsets them or makes them angry. Often subjects try to avoid the abandonment, being too intimate inappropriately, physically or emotionally, or cutting the relationship with someone to anticipate the abandonment.


Every person lives with the disease in a different way, some people try to externalise it, as a help request to others, some people pride in never showing negative emotions, though no one can hide an emotion completely.

Bye bye,
Eleonora


Comments

Popular Posts